Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can You Believe It?

The calendar really is correct. Today is July 1st and just as I suspected the summer is not lingering long enough for my liking. I could really use 24 more hours in each day. Once we get going, we're busy pretty much all day long. It's been a good kind of busy: lots of baseball games, blowing bubbles, playing tennis with her, soccer with him and kickball with both of them, making our own play doh, spotting shapes in the clouds, going out for a movie and a little lunch, taking trips to the library and Grandma and Grandpa's. There's just so much more that I want to do, but I'm also craving periods of time to do nothing at all except lounge in front of a fan with a good book and a glass of iced tea. I have a growing stack of them on my bedside table and a call from the library last night promising 2 more. I could read for a week straight if my life would let me and that hasn't happened to me for a while. When I can steal a moment or two, I find myself reading a couple pages instead of logging on here and I'm okay with that...really I am. I am not so comfortable with the certain fact that before I know it, August will be here and then back to school, and then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then 2011 and well...you know the drill.

Time marches on. I guess it always will. But deep inside my heart, time stands still.

No comments: