Saturday, August 8, 2009

These Boots Were Made for Walking

My girl just waltzed through the kitchen wearing her brand new hot pink suede boots. They were the hit. We have turned the corner and now diva fashion is more popular than little ponies, board games and books. I should get online and order another pair because I can already predict with certain accuracy that these will be worn out before fall.

We had a beach day planned for yesterday only the weather didn't cooperate. It was rainy and cool. The perfect movie day you say? Miss Bit agreed and so we went to see Aliens in the Attic. $80 later for 6 matinee tickets and treats (the kids each invited a friend and actually they are still here), and I was crabby. That was going to be an expensive nap. Can you tell I didn't have very high expectations? Well, I was surprised to find myself laughing uncontrollably...in fact laughing harder than anyone else in the theater. In fact, I'm still laughing.

And it's still raining today. In fact, this morning I came out of the Y. to find the sky dark as night. I drove home in the pouring rain straining to see the road through the torrential downpour. It didn't help matters that I was crying. I was having a little conversation with my Mom. Yesterday was just another one of those days that I missed her more than usual. It all started when me and my girl spent some time looking at the photos of the day she was born. Her Nanny so present in so many of the pictures from that day. My Mom was so excited for the birth of her second grandchild and could never take her eyes off her sweet baby girl once she was here.

I almost forgot that my Mom purchased a special necklace for her before she died. She never really told me when I should give it to Miss Bit. I thought I would wait until her 16th birthday, but now don't feel like waiting. Life is short...sometimes too short so I cannot justify waiting to share a special treasure or tell someone how you feel, or show someone you love them because you never know when it will be too late. So I am going to give her the necklace today and I am going to let her wear it today and tomorrow and the next day if she wants.

The necklace was made for wearing and the boots were made for walking and this life...it is made for living!

No comments: