Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Me! Monday




There is no way that these very windows are now boarded up with cardboard to keep my boys from seeing and being annoyed by the Tom cat next door. I would never use garbage for window treatments...not me!

I did not come home tonight with the sole intent of crossing things off my 'to do' list only to get right on the computer and cross not a thing off said list, and I do not feel the least bit guilty about my diversion...no way, not me!

I did not celebrate my daughter's 5th birthday numerous times this weekend. I did not indulge her with 3 cakes on 3 occasions because I so do not spoil my children and they do not like cake.

For sure I did not see my resident fox walk up to my patio tomatoes the other day and take a bite out of a big, juicy, ripe, red one. Upon further investigation, I did not surmise that she has been helping herself one bite at a time and I did not think that was ok cuz a fox has got to eat too!

I did not forgo sleep last night to refrain from disturbing my cat who was sprawled out across my side of the bed to maximize his exposure to the fan. I would never sacrifice my own night time slumber for a cat who can sleep all day long.

I did not read and reread the same chapter Friday, Saturday, and Sunday too. I did not go to bed so tired and needing sleep that I barely comprehended a word, let alone a page I read.

I did not whoop it up when my daughter's K5 teacher was revealed and then turn crimson red when the school secretary, the mother of my son's teacher last year, revealed his 3rd grade teacher. He did not honestly say, "Aww heck! This is the second year in a row that I got the only teacher I didn't want!"

I didn't get a phone call from a long lost friend this week and I sure didn't wish that I had let the answering machine pick up. I don't believe that sometimes there is too much water under the bridge.

I am not once again addicted to the Real Housewives. And this time they are not classless women from Atlanta.

No comments: