Monday, September 27, 2021

Weekending

I just dropped Ted off at the early morning Badger Bus. So early we were up in the dark. I no longer get verklempt when we say goodbye, but I already miss him. So do the kit kats. They are stuck to me like glue. When they heard Teddy's voice Thursday, they came running to greet him. He spent lots of time with all three of them the three days he was home.

It was a stretch of beautiful, family filled days. We celebrated my dad's birthday. He was happily surprised to see Teddy. We kept a little secret that he was home.

We missed Lils who was busy with Homecoming festivities. They cancelled the dance in lieu of an outdoor carnival at the eleventh hour, which wasn't popular with the kids. She went out for dinner with a group of friends instead. Aren't we all sick of pivoting and decisions that make so little sense.

Ted and Lily golfed with their aunt and uncle yesterday and then we toasted the time spent together.

Mike grilled fajitas at Ted's request and we settled in to watch the most exciting Packer game I can remember. It was an exciting sports weekend for Wisconsin in general. 

Scenes from the weekend...


 







No comments: