Friday, September 17, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

This piece in The Atlantic...read it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/09/twenty-years-gone-911-bobby-mcilvaine/619490/

A midweek stop at the Farmer's Market. I went for a yellow watermelon. They were all gone. I stocked up on other staples and then spent my last $8 on a beautiful bouquet that I turned into several once home. I resisted the urge to start stocking up on squash because there's time for that.

 

I'm resisting mums and pumpkins too, but not for much longer.

It's time to visit the apple farm. Ginger Golds are ready.

I tried another new sheet pan dinner this week. It was a yummy combo of chicken wings and roasted cauliflower in a sweet and spicy mustard sauce.

Lils was off yesterday. She enjoyed a beauty day getting her hair and nails done. She talked me into highlights in the front and gel nails. She is low maintenance compared to many peers. She wanted me to join her, but I had to work to pay for the indulgence. Wink wink.

Ted has plotted his future after a meeting with a Business School advisor. He's got a plan to graduate in 5 years with his Masters in Tax and his CPA. Oh yea, and that fifth year will be covered because he'll be a TA in the accounting department.

A girls weekend in the purview. The plans are a bit loosey goosey, but there will be wine and time to catch up and I am so so looking forward to it.

Plums. Lils loves them too.

Perfect sleeping weather.

The kittens are 6 months old. 





 

 

No comments: