Friday, September 10, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Another short week. I think 4 day work weeks would cure many of the world's problems.

Teddy is settled in and right back in the swing of things already tackling a big project. 

A plan for Lily's senior pictures with a very talented and intuitive photographer friend.

Matt Haig's The Comfort Book and all the little nuggets within the pages like:


 Don't worry about being cool. Never worry what the cool people think. Life is warmth. You'll be cool when you're dead. Head for the warm people. Head for life.

A neighborhood block party where I met some very warm people.

An impromptu invitation extended to my aunt and uncle for Sunday dinner. They said yes and we had a lovely little birthday celebration for one of my favorite people. Dessert was Ted's favorite French Silk Pie, but I'm pretty sure we all enjoyed it.

Comfort food season. My aunt brought me a dish of stuffed cabbage leaves and it was like getting a hug from my grandma. It was one of her recipes. Last night I thumbed through a new cookbook Jess gave me for my birthday and it inspired me to start thinking about fall meals.

But more farmer's market inspired meals for the time being.


I ordered a new flannel duvet for our bed in the prettiest shade of blue. The nights are getting cool and soon we'll need it.

Perfect sleeping weather.


Hazel is the sweetest little bedmate. I'm not sure where the boys spend the night, but they usually come in at dawn. It's Finn's job to wake us up even if we're not ready.
 

 Dinner with Pete and Sue last weekend. We had a lot to catch up on after a busy August.

LED candles with a remote. I'm not sure why I resisted them, because I'm totally sold now and want to switch out all my candles.

A decision to look into converting our fire place to gas.

Tomorrow's forecast is 88 and sunny. We have plans to spend the day on a pontoon on Okauchee Lake. We're holding on to what's left of summer.

My cousin is coming for a visit next week. I'm excited to see her and for her to meet my new kitties. She's another cat lover.

Finn loves Bob.


 Gus loves Candace and steak.

 

Lily loves Hazel and Gus, but Finn most of all.


 The Tres Amigos love each other.
 

 







No comments: