Thursday, September 9, 2021

Change


Despite noble intentions, quick change is not happening at Casa Wags. I know summer vacation is over and the weather is even cooperating on that front, but I'm having a hard time changing my routines. That has me questioning whether change is even necessary. The jury is out on that for the time being. After all, summer is a state of mind...a quite pleasant one at that. I long ago committed to keep perfect from ruining good. I will get up earlier, exercise more, read more, eat more vegetables or I won't. For all the mores mentioned, there is a less, but I'm not in the mood to call myself out. Can you tell?

I've been thinking about balance lately. I believe in the harmony of duality...yin and yang. The juxtapositions are what make us complex, interesting, dynamic beings. I strive to be multi-faceted, thought-provoking and capable of change when warranted.

I remember one of the first times I really thought about change. I read a quote along the lines of The only way to change is to get out of your comfort zone. It makes sense, but it stuck with me as an impressionable young girl facing change constantly. I was in that stage of life where so much is in flux...friends, classes, interests, goals.

Today I think I'm good with my comfort zone. Don't get me wrong...I still like to meet new people and try new things. I still have dreams and goals, but I'm happy where I am. Like really happy. Sometimes even pinch me blissful, but usually calmly content. I struggle with why I should change that.

No comments: