Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saturday Snippet

 

This morning it really feels like fall. Teddy and I are having our morning caffeine with the Badgers. Today's the first game of the season. I know he's wishing he was in the sea of red and white because I'm feeling the same way. In a little bit, I'll make him his last breakfast. I'm going to miss him.

But he's ready. We had two cartfulls at Costco yesterday. In full disclosure, one cart had an enormous mum, but still we did our damage. He promises to pack this afternoon and we'll load the car. He's taking me and Lils to dinner tonight, Mom's choice. I'm thinking Indian. She's out to lunch right now with my aunt at a cute little bistro I'm excited to hear about.

Last night was the first Nicolet football game of the year. She left with a armful of red, white and blue gear. The theme was USA. That felt right to me. She came home reporting a win and an exciting one at that. So things are off to a good start.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday. I haven't seen her since the pandemic. She asked me if I'm going to lose it when I leave Teddy in Madison. Without hesitation, I told her I would be fine. I know this because I've already done it, I know he always comes home, and I know he is in a good place.

 

 



No comments: