Friday, April 9, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Thunderstorms. I slept with the window ajar after a late night's storm and I woke to the smell of petrichor. A whiff of that in the air takes me straight back to childhood.

Old memories.

New memories.

Good memories.

My Easter cake. I'm a baker, but I'm not much of a decorator. I lack the patience for fussy. I have to say that I was pretty proud of the way the Malted Vanilla Cake with Coconut Buttercream looked, but I was even more pleased with the taste. I turned the frosting robin egg blue and then I used brown food coloring and a paint brush to make it look speckled. I used phyllo dough to make a nest and then I filled it with candy eggs.

My husband for trouble shooting with Apple about my frozen phone. That lead to a reset which means I lose all my pictures. Most are backed up on my computer. Not the pictures from the last week including that cake and Easter. It's a first world problem.

Inspiration for a quick master bedroom sprucing. After clearing out over half the linen closet, I started searching for a new duvet. That will lead to new pillows, lamps and a new painting. I wasn't planning on this, but the master tends to be the last on the long list of to dos, and it shouldn't be. It's our sanctuary.

Vision boards and wish-lists.

Fresh starts. Candace invited me over Tuesday to see her new place. She closed that day and demo was starting the next. We sipped champs and talked colors and layouts. I left her with a little inspiration. I'm so excited for her and Pat because 301 has amazing light and very good chi.

A new soup recipe this week. Thai Chicken Soup gets a big fat A. It was relatively easy and healthy too...chock full of red pepper, snow peas and sweet potato.

Soon I'll be able to get my veggies from the farmer market.

Yellowstone season 3.

I'm still light on the news. I'm catching tidbits, and that's plenty.

We had a busy week at work!

Happy hour with my brother and sil tonight.

But first a workout.


No comments: