Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Work in Progress

It's full on snowing right now. I'm surrounded by disgusted people. I think, but don't say, this is April fools! What do you expect? In my mind, there are so many other things to find fault with. The weather seems like a total cop out for blame.

I was hopeful that the verdict delivered yesterday would lead to healing, but it's only ramped things up. The vitriol is creating divides deeper than ever. It scares me. It saddens me. It also makes me angry. 

I needed to take a break so I surprised Mike with a date to the movies. We thought we were going to see the Oscar nominated shorts in all categories, but the viewing was the animated shorts. At first I was disappointed because I'm a sucker for a documentary, but in hindsight it was the perfect diversion. And the popcorn always a treat. Not to say that all the films were happy or uplifting, but I truly enjoyed about half of them. There were a couple I failed to understand at all. And that's okay too. There were three other people in the theater.

We could see our breaths on the way to the car because April. And once home we curled up in the family room to watch Nomadland, another Oscar contender. Although it's fiction, it felt more like a documentary. In fact, Swankie, Linda May and Bob Wells play themselves. They're not actors, but for me they were the highlights of the film. I don't ever want to live in a van, and I feel grateful that I don't have to.

I stayed up too late and then I slept in this morning. I slept in this morning after putting it in writing here yesterday my intent to start getting up earlier. Apparently, I am a work in progress just like this country.  


No comments: