Friday, April 16, 2021

Grateful Friday

 Today I give thanks for...

Calling it a week early today. I don't take my flexibility for granted. It's just one of the things I love about my job.

Spring storms.

Two new soups in my repertoire. I made a new Thai Chicken Soup that's a delicious combo of sweet and heat with the fresno and jalapeno peppers balanced out by sweet potato, pea pods and coconut milk. The fresh squeezed lime on top brightened it all up. Then I made a Wonton Soup that was a brothy bowl of happiness and heat because that's what we like. I made the dumplings because they needed to be ground chicken and those are hard to find. I'm always skeptical that a soup can be made and enjoyed the same day. I have the old school notion about lots of long stirring and time for the flavors to marry, but I must confess both these soups packed depth of flavor after an hour on the stove.





Organizing my recipe binders this week.

 I still haven't spotted the pileated woodpecker, but this guy has been hanging around the yard.

A new phone. It was time and the transition has been a smooth one.

Access to my pictures again. 

Easter cake.

Easter baskets...the teenage version.

Lils Easter dinner. No ham for her.

Ted's Easter tall order... a stack of Grandpa's pancakes.

Tri color tulips.

More reading this week. I finished Isabel Gillies's second memoir today. It was entertaining, but it was not exactly the love story hinted at. It was more about the year between losing and finding love again. I stopped at the library on my way home today to pick up a book that came in. I'll start Sanatorium tonight.

These are a few of my standout favorites.

Downtown.


Top Chef Portland. Don't laugh, but I love to watch it when I'm on the elliptical.
 
Game night with Pete and Sue tomorrow.
 



No comments: