Friday, March 27, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

I'm taking a break from the anxiety and dubiousness to focus on the bright spots.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm thankful for all of our devices. They are allowing us to work from home, attend school from home and stay in touch with family and friends.



That this guy is home. It's been a bit of an adjustment- all of us home all of the time- but I wouldn't want in any other way during these uncertain times.



This girl for getting me out of the house when my agoraphobia sets in. We've been taking daily hikes. The fresh air and the endorphins are tried and true mood resetters.



Even though the park was packed, we found a trail all to ourselves.



Yesterday, we chatted for a couple miles and then we agreed we'd put on our head phones for the duration of our walk. We're in sync. Simpatico.


This lovable lap cat. He's in heaven with so much attention lately. When we need a break, we seek him out for cuddles and it's a win win.




We're avid home cooks quarantine or not, and we're serving up lots of comfort food these days. This dough was enough for 6 pizzas Saturday night, and then Mike made 2 pizzas for our lunch yesterday one pepperoni and one chicken alfredo. We're all pitching in. Coming together at the island for dinner every night.




I made my mom's zucchini recipe this week. I'm missing her something fierce right now.


BLTs on homemade pheasant bread are my new favorite sandwich.



This is my spicy dal with naan. It's my first curry dish. My first Indian recipe. It won't be my last.


Brown butter, oats and rosemary Irish Soda Bread is a make again.


These strawberry cream cupcakes were filled with fresh berries and cream and they were a huge hit at work and at home. Not one left.



Chocolate Stout Cake for our spring birthday celebration. The last for the foreseeable future.


Fresh flowers. They're little reminders of hope. Renewal. Beauty.





The eagle landed when we made our return loop on Marine Drive.


Did I mention I'm grateful for this ginger goofball? You cannot have too many cute cat pictures during times like these.

















I'm thankful for this guy. He's my rock. He's been working hard and keeping us calm.



Our last date was at the busy Public Market a few weeks ago.We went after church. They're both shuttered now.


I'm so thankful we walked around the city after dinner instead of heading straight home.


The girls danced around the city under the Worm Moon.







I'm beyond grateful for my home. Always. But now even more.


And I'm grateful that while it's hard to find TP, I can still stock up on wine.



I'm grateful for Netflix, books, games and puzzles. We're deep into Bloodline, I'm finally making headway in The Hearts Invisible Furies, we rediscovered Qwirkle and we're going to do a road trip puzzle since we're stuck at home.

I'm thankful for Amazon and all the delivery drivers who are doing their jobs.

I give huge thanks for all the healthcare workers who are working hard on the front lines.

I'm thankful that everyone I know is healthy.



No comments: