Tuesday, March 26, 2024

weekending

I saw a single, scrawny patch of snow on my way to work this morning. Friday's inches melted away. That is spring snow for you. Here one day and gone before it sullies. It's actually behaving like spring now. The temperatures are erratic, but more seasonal, and it rained most of the day. Daffodils are adding color to our landscape. My iris are coming up prolifically. I had to replace a bird feeder because our resident red squirrel, Fiery Red, chewed through the one that lasted all winter while he slept. When I say all, I mean 10 weeks give or take.

The days are getting longer and soon life will be busier. That's all the permission I need to lean into stillness. Truth is I wanted to write laziness or sloth, but I'm working on positivity so I won't. This weekend was languid in the best of ways. Deliberate. Decadent. Divine. We stayed up late watching movies and slept in. Mike made his homemade hash browns and I made scrambled eggs and we actually ate breakfast albeit at lunchtime. We rallied to celebrate my brother's birthday Saturday night and I'm so grateful we did because he is someone to be celebrated. My sil invited us to Ca'Luchenza for a special night of good food and company. I'm pretty sure when I go back I'll be content with an order of focaccia, a cup of brodo, a shared order of the pasta du juor and a visit from the Amaro cart. 

I feel like I'm on spring break. I'm getting pictures and updates from the kids. She is having fun in Seaside sleeping in a little casita with her girlfriend. The rest of the family is in the main house. He is living large in a 9 person villa he's sharing with 4 others on Oahu. Mike and I are good at home with Hazel and Gus.














No comments: