Monday, March 18, 2024

weekending


Today was a good day for a Monday. A Monday after a long, full, red and green weekend cheering on our Wisconsin Badgers and celebrating our Irish roots. Bucky gave us three good games and two exciting wins. I think I perfected my corned beef. I made one Saturday and then another Sunday. I'm a fan of oven cooking: an hour per pound at 350 degrees and then a quick broil. The longer the meat can rest, the better. I also made Shepherd's Pie that was my favorite ever. We all licked our bowls clean. A batch of Guinness Brownies is a definite, decadent make again.



I cut out of work early to meet Mike for Friday's game. It was a great afternoon for a day date with my guy and our team. I was shocked he wanted to watch with me because I am a neophyte when it comes to college basketball or really basketball period. Turns out that I enjoy it and always time with him.

Saturday we met Pete and Sue for happy hour at St Paul's after the Badger win. The four of us haven't been together since Zihua. That meant we had a mountain of catching up to do. Dinner was at Casa Wags. I love cooking for them because they are always so appreciative and gracious and such fun. They approved of the St Paddy's day spread that also included melt in your mouth cabbage sautéed in Irish butter and a traditional loaf of soda bread.

What can I say...I wanted all the usual suspects and so I made them even though it was a bit overkill on the starch. It worked perfectly too because my brother and sister-in-law came for some On Wisconsin and a little slainte Sunday and I just carried on the theme. The Reubens were ridiculous and I sent them home with two Shepherd's Pies for the week even though I really wanted to keep them. That's how much I love them!





No comments: