Friday, March 22, 2024

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A snow day. It started to snow big, fat flakes just as I was going to bed shortly after midnight. I knew it continued through dark because of how quiet this morning was. There is a palpably peaceful, insular feeling about inches of snow.

 

Lily was home long enough to do some laundry, pack for spring break and have a home-cooked meal. Chicken Souvalki and Lemon Potatoes and Crumbl Cookies were a good send-off. She's on her way to Florida.

Jess accepted an impromptu invitation to join us. We had so much food because Teddy and crew were going to spend the night at Casa Wags before leaving for Hawaii, but Mother Nature had other plans. It was a good pivot.

He's on his way to O'Hare right now and will be in Oahu before tomorrow.

Someone has been snuggling more with me.


And also getting along better with his sister. I guess he's growing up.




Hazel and Gus turned 4 and they wore their party props for exactly 4 seconds...long enough for a blurry photo or two.

 

A GNO with Candace and the Duchess of Coolsville. Rickie Lee played a single set of many of my favorites in an intimate setting at Turner Hall. It was such a great night with two of my best girls. Once she came on stage, I put my camera away and just basked in the experience.

Mike and Lils had a dad/daughter date of their own. They golfed at Missing Links, got Qdoba and then watched The Walking Dead.

Jodie Foster. I have recently appreciated her roles as Diana Nyad and Detective Danvers. 

My favorite co-worker.


 St Paddy's Day spirit and pops of color.





No comments: