Monday, November 27, 2023

week-ending

Everyone is back at school. Ted and Meryl left early Sunday and Lily was back in time for her 9:55 this morning. They'll be home again in a few weeks that I know will fly by.

We woke up yesterday to flurries as promised...just enough to be pretty. It was a good day to take our time and do only what absolutely needed doing. We stayed home save for a quick trip to stock Lil's up on cold brew and rice cakes and other necessities like real food. I baked more peasant bread so she could take a loaf home with the good Irish butter. Snowy days and baking bread sort of go together. 

So do movie marathons and Christmas tree decorating so there was that too. We went with a smaller tree again this year. That means we don't have room for all of our boxes and boxes of ornaments and so Lily and I picked and we chose favorites. Gus got in the way supervised and Hazel slept in her bed under the bright twinkle lights...Hello LED. I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan. After trimming, we filled our fajitas that I made so very easily on a sheet pan...one sheet pan. They were delish. We hung in for both parts of The Mocking Jay before an early bedtime. Catching Fire was earlier in the day. Now I'm ready for the new Hunger Games movie, a quiet week, a lot of salads and plenty of water.






 

No comments: