Sunday, December 10, 2023

I'm Here

A third of the way through December and the cat's got my tongue. Things in my life are mostly good. I cannot say that for the wide world, but I've been pretty good at tuning that out. The house is festive enough and as decorated as it's going to get, my Christmas Day menu is coming together, shopping is on track, and now I'm trying to carve out time for holiday cheer.

My favorite thing this time of year is to light all the candles and turn on all the twinkle lights, make something festive like Tom and Jerry's and spend quality time with my family and friends. Last night, we had friends accept an invite for dinner last minute. The usual me would have spent the day Saturday making a spread from scratch. This me ordered all of our favorites from Mama Mia's, chilled the wine, and cued up some Christmas crooners. Instead of spending the day in the kitchen, I took care of some things I've been putting off and then took a walk on the perfectly broody afternoon. It was sort of perfect.

Today has been a luxuriously lazy day of watching Netflix and eating leftover Italian in my PJs. All of yesterday's doings made it possible for today to be all about being. A day like this is a unicorn this close to Christmas. I'm so laid back I don't even recognize myself, but I could get used to this.

And because one of the tasks I accomplished this weekend was uploading my pictures, visual evidence of life's goodness forthcoming.


No comments: