Friday, March 26, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A much needed break from Instagram. I feel like I have a healthy relationship with this platform, but sometimes it's good to step away.

Realizing I have JOMO not FOMO. There is joy in missing out, in shedding the people and things that no longer spark joy in my life.

Spring showers. I'm a pluviophile, which is to say a lover of rain.

My husband for taking care of business. Next week we get our tree work done. Sadly, our big Ash has succumbed to the Emerald Ash Borer. And while I hate to lose trees, we're also having the crab apple in the front removed because it isn't healthy either. He also found us a new accountant.

Getting to chat with my aunt and uncle on Saturday. They are both vaccinated and hopefully we can see them this summer.

A pileated woodpecker in our yard. I only got to see Mike's pictures, but I hope it comes back.

There seems to be a light at the end of this COVID tunnel. With more people getting vaccinated and the move toward herd immunity, there is the promise of normalcy.

A good week at work. Business is picking up and we are all very excited about that.

I finished The Power Couple.  I started so strong reading half the book in a night and then I limped along partially because I disliked the power couple, and the way the author, who is a man, wrote about women. I finished it and now I'll forget it.

Last night Candace came to share a bottle of Bordeaux and what's been going on in our lives lately. She also came with a basket filled with baking tools that she won in an auction. It felt a little like Christmas.

Accumulating Easter basket loot.

Palm Sunday this weekend and knowing we will be in our pew.

No comments: