Friday, March 12, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Acts of kindness. It's what I'm working on for Lent. I did pretty good this week.

Allen v Farrow. Salacious. I'll never be able to watch another Woody Allen film. I Googled him and found out that he adopted two girls with Soon Yi. They look shockingly like she and Dylan when they were young. Rich, white, powerful men can do what they please.

Daffodils. I always buy the bunch that has yet to bloom.

It only takes a day and then they last all week.

One pan meals. I have to talk about this Spanish Sheet Pan Chicken because it's as delicious as it is easy. It's adapted from Smitten Kitchen. I don't add chorizo because it makes it too greasy. I add jalapenos because we love the heat. I use boneless, skinless thighs. Don't skip the olives or the quick pickled red pepper. They add briney and bright elements that cut the richness of the dish.

 
And my new favorite is the simple frittata. You just heat up your cast iron skillet. Saute your meats and veggies.

 
Add your eggs (8) and cheese. Let the bottom cook on the stove top.

 
Put it is the oven until it's browned and no longer jiggly.

 
And serve.


Enjoy.
 
 
When Mike goes to Costco with my list although when Ted goes too, it's very pricey. And yet, I'm so grateful that he cooks healthy meals for himself.

Green grapes. Tart, but sweet and crunchy right now.

Jammy eggs with seedy toast. You put the eggs in boiling water for exactly 6 1/2 minutes and then you plunge them into an ice bath, peel, put on toast and salt and pepper. It is my go to fend meal lately.

Taking care of my health. Physical and financial this week. I had a good annual exam with my doc and we had a great meeting with our financial adviser.

I'm still on a news strike.

Shamrocks. I found a couple with sweet lilac flowers. 


I finished When We Were Mermaids the other night. It was entertaining. Then I got halfway through The Power Couple the same night. I'm reading for escape right now.
  
My quartz roller. I don't know if it's making a difference other than relaxing me, but that's something so I'm using it twice a day.

Not attending every argument I'm invited to. Sometimes the best way to diffuse anger whether it's justified or not is simply to say little more than I'm sorry and then to move forward without grudge or judgement.

A pretty new birdbath for my yard, which soon will be lush and green. The snow completely melted this week as we had days in the 60s.

Spring ahead this weekend.

 Zero plans for the weekend. It will be a come what may stretch of days.

No comments: