Friday, January 12, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

My new morning routine. I give myself around 45 minutes after the morning rush to enjoy my cup of coffee and my book. I've definitely found my reading groove again. This morning I started The Book of Ove. I didn't love it immediately, but I'll keep on because it's our February book club choice, and I trust that I'll warm to it...to him.


A new dermatologist for Teddy. We went back in July to a well-respected doctor I saw in my 20s. It was not a good or professional experience. He was late (45 minutes late at 9 o'clock in the morning), rushed us, talked so fast we could barely understand him, was dismissive about questions and concerns and then charged us almost $700 before prescriptions. There was no possible way I was taking him back there. I set out to research a new doctor. I asked friends, but no one seemed to have anything good to say so I went to the Internet. The doctor I found far exceeded every one of our expectations. I'm grateful we didn't settle and that there are still doctors who see patients as people not pay checks. I've already given his name to two friends and I'll continue to spread the good word when I can.

The support and encouragement I get from my tribe.

Lily has ski club tonight.

Teddy has plans to workout and then eat out with friends.

Mike and I will get out of the house for a date too.

Snow in the 10 day forecast. I enjoyed getting a out for a couple walks this week without having to bundle up, but it's not supposed to be 60 degrees in January in Wisconsin.

Comfort food was on this week's menu. Spicy chili and a delicious chicken pot pie that was so easy and all gone.


Monday is a holiday for the kids.


No comments: