Friday, December 8, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Witnessing night give way to day. Being awake and alive to see the moon in the west pass the torch to the sun in the east.


These photos were taken just minutes apart this morning. 


I say, "There shall be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26

Today it's snow showers. The sky is heavy, the air is cold, yet I am warm and light.


Ted for waking me up last night after I fell asleep on the couch and insisting I go to bed. He came down after brushing his teeth to rouse me a second time using my own words to convince me that I'd have a better night's sleep in my own bed. 

I did a little more baking yesterday. I hadn't exactly planned to. I was procrastinating other things. It's okay...tis' the season. It was a bit of a cluster you know what. I added a cup of butter instead of a stick to a recipe essentially doubling it so I had to run to the store for more peanut butter. Then I started another batch only to discover I needed more graham crackers so I went back again. We are all stocked up on Buckeyes and Pecan Pralines. And after 35 years plus of making these simple 4 ingredient favorites, I finally tweaked and perfected the process.



Family Jeopardy matches before dinner.

Cookies and coffee in Christmas mugs for breakfast. It's a December thing.

Fred. He's another December thing. Lily isn't too interested in him this year. I didn't really think she would be, but I wasn't sure. He's another vestige of childhood so hard to let go.


A stack of holiday movies waiting for me at the library. Yep, December thing.

Cat company. I am being completely candid about the fact that without my two guys, I'd be lonely home alone all day.



This sexy beast beef. Okay...it's really not at all sexy. In fact, unless it's properly seasoned, seared and then cooked low and slow, it's tough and chewy and tasteless. But my guy nailed it even when he was feeling under the weather and not able to enjoy it.


Advent. I find myself going to church this time of year not because I have to or need to, but because I want to. Amen.


No comments: