Friday, August 18, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A surprise date with my guy tonight. I don't have any clue what we are doing and I'm not big on surprises, but I'm trying to go with it because he knows me and he knows that.

Ice gels, Advil and ankle braces. Also my family, especially Mike, for picking up so much slack as I recover.

I am recovering slowly, but surely and this little lover has been my snuggle buddy.


Recovery for Grandma and Sabrina who had surgeries in the last couple weeks.

Warm peach crisp with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. I only had a bite, but that's all I needed.

Sauteed broccolini.


A new bread bowl from Candace for my birthday. It was such a thoughtful gift, and yes I used it right away.


A fun and delicious night enjoying friends, their beautiful outdoor living space and grilled lobster tails.



Roses for Rosie. This pitcher that I took from my Grandma's last week. I hadn't noticed it in all the times I'd been there. Inside she had a note that read: Collectible worth money. I don't think it's anything special, but she did and so I felt that we shouldn't donate it. It's the perfect vase for a dozen roses, and I'll think of Grandma Rose when I use it.


Peanut wants to come to the Big Apple with us. We got our tickets and we're making our lists. I don't think we're going to have time to sleep.


Teddy's been picking up his guitar again. He is musically inclined. He just has to practice.


Windmill Beach tomorrow.



No comments: