Friday, June 2, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

I survived the week. It was a really long short week. Gritty too.

What doesn't kill us...doesn't kill us. Amen.

The NYT crossword puzzle, which can, at times, be rather cheeky and difficult.

Things that make me think.

Stepping out for a bowl of tikka masala soup today with a friend. I didn't want to go out and I didn't want that soup, but as it turns out they were both rather delightful.

Friends and comfort food.

Watching Ted play baseball last night. I L O V E  L O V E that the team is reunited. They truly are a force of very talented goofballs to be reckoned with.

Teams of friends.

Right now he is golfing with teammates after baseball practice after school. I am quite awed by his constant devotion and energy.

Passion.

Our baby birds are peeking out of the nest and soon they will take flight. This is definitely an allegorical premonition of my life, and I think that's why I'm so fiercely protective of them.

Honesty.

An after school shopping date with Lily this week. She looked so cute in all the dresses she tried on that I thought about buying her several despite the fact she's a more sporty girl these days, and these were rather pricey. We did mutually agree on an adorable, affordable number for an event she'll attend tomorrow.

Seeing her shine.

Sons and daughters.

My little life with my big loves.

No comments: