Friday, March 3, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks...

That Teddy passed his driver's test and in the snow and on the first time. I think I was more nervous than he was before, but we were both pretty excited after.





He was so stoked he even smiled and let me take his picture. I love how genuine his smile is in this shot. He's truly happy. And he's such a handsome young man.


When I find her selfies on my phone. I love this capture of her because she looks confident and content. I'm really impressed by her recent dogged determination to eat healthier. She's pretty much cut out all junk cold turkey. She's growing up and into a lovely young woman too.


I may not be the happiest I've ever been, but one thing is for sure...I am as blessed. I truly feel warm appreciation and deep gratitude for this life I live even while I acknowledge it may not be perfect.


A new and good neighborhood pizza parlor. We all ate pizza (even the no glutenites among us) on Fat Tuesday and it was a treat.

Snow...the kind that blankets every limb on every tree. It was the most beautiful snowfall we've had all year.


I washed the boys' favorite blankets and then as soon as I took them out of the dryer fluffed and warm, they snuggled right back up in their nests.







It's still winter, but I can never resist the first daffodils of the coming season especially when they're $1.50 a bunch at Trader Joe's. 


Trader Joe's in the middle of the day in the middle of the week.

The way a few key ingredients can come together so beautifully, and the nights I get to be sous chef. Prepping is my favorite part of cooking.




 A recent resurgence of Gin. He had the title, but I have it now.




A friend gave me a beautiful jade ring just because she knew I'd love it. Her generosity and thoughtfulness never cease to amaze me or touch my heart. I have to have it sized before I can wear it. I had a jade ring in college, and I always felt fierce when I wore it.

A typical March weekend ahead.

No comments: