Friday, May 13, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The kind elderly lady who stopped me at the store to tell me I smelled good. She lit up when she reminisced about wearing the same scent many years ago. I've been wearing it (and only it) since I was 16. I told her she should buy a bottle and she decided that was a good idea. I was in a hurry, but I'm thankful I paused to talk with her for a few minutes. It was a nice reminder to be present...yes, even at the grocery store.

The homing device this guy has for a soft spot. I put a new throw in the guest room and he claimed it as his new spot in a matter of minutes.


Lily picked out new bedding. It's still sweet, but a little more grown-up and certainly more reflective of her budding personality than the pink floral and gingham that we are replacing. It was pricey, but she's had her current Pottery Barn set for 8-9 years and it still looks brand new so it's definitely worth it. She wants the walls painted a soft and soothing shade of blue like the ocean my water baby so loves.

In the last few weeks, she's been a bit more social. She's usually more of a homebody and I get that, but I think she's really enjoying being a bit more involved with friends and softball.

Everything about this snapshot. This novel is reminding me so much of Wally Lamb. It's dark and funny. but also full of lots of raw truth. I'm a total sucker for a good Kane and Abel story.


This sweet bouquet from my brother and sil on Mother's Day. All week it has made me smile.


Making a big pot of chili and Mother Nature serving up a perfect cold and rainy day for a hot bowl of comfort. This recipe is a family favorite. Ground turkey, fire roasted tomatoes, lots of chili powder and garbanzos, which the kids eat around. It's best with liberal dashes of hot sauce and plenty of chopped avocado.


My brother-in-law. He came to help Mike put up a privacy fence on his day off. All we had to do was cook him dinner.

I made him one of my favorites: Chicken Marsala, Pasta Aglio Olio, roasted asparagus and caprese salad on steroids, which is to say romaine, sliced romas and fresh mozz mixed with a little pesto oil and balsamic vinaigrette, and then topped with kalamatas and toasted pine nuts.

Plenty of time this weekend for projects around the house and in the yard.



No comments: