Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shotgun

After the game on Sunday, T. Bone opted to ride home with me instead of his Dad...the coach. We traveled side by side in silence for a few miles before I asked him if he chose to ride with me so he didn't have to talk about the loss. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye clearly not sure how he should answer so I prodded, "It's OK." He then admitted, "Yeah, I guess so. How did you know?" I assured him that moms just know...it's our job. He grinned and then his bright blue eyes turned brighter yet as he asked, "Did you see that throw I made from home to second? It was a laser!" "I sure did, but barely it was that fast," I told him. "Moms see everything," I added. His eyes softened as I suspect he realized that I'm not just any fair weather fan...I'm an ardent , all weather aficianado. Always will be.

No comments: