Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Snippets

I woke up this morning after 9 1/2 hours of glorious sleep and found this note on the kitchen counter as I made my way to make a cup of coffee:

Dad or Mom,

Come downstairs and get me if you want to play Monopoly!


Me thinks we've created a monster or perhaps, a tycoon. T. Bone cannot get enough wheeling and dealing. He played twice yesterday with Grandma and Grandpa. I hope Uncle B. Bone isn't disappointed when T. Bone suggests they play board games instead of baseball tonight before dinner. I guess I know what we'll be doing if we get a rainy day at the lake.

Before I finished my first cup of coffee, the doorbell rang and I answered it in my nightie thinking it was one of the kid's friends come calling. I was face to face with a pamphlet bearing Jehovah witness I went to high school with who was almost as embarrassed as I was because he tried hard to keep his faith to himself. He blushed a little when he handed me the material and then instead of all fire and brimstone we talked about life and the past. And even though it was awkward, it was nice to see him because he may just have been THE nicest guy in my class. That doesn't seem to have changed.

Before I finished my second cup of coffee, I received not 1, but 2 campaign calls. Things are really heating up in this state as the election draws nearer.

And speaking of heating up...it's going to be hot again today so I better get out and get my walk in before mid-day.

No comments: