Tuesday, May 18, 2010

COUNTDOWN IS ON


We're counting down the days until summer vacation. It's down to like 3 wimpy weeks not including our vacation to Bermuda, which is also fast approaching. We're counting down the days until my brother gets married too so it's no wonder I'm up at this ridiculous hour (4 a.m.)... I've got alot on my mind and a mole hill's become a mountain on my "to do" list. I'm sitting here planning my day as my little world wakes up around me. The sky already hints of the sun's rising and the birds are literally performing a chorus of calls from their treetop perches.

My brother and soon-to-be sil joined us for a little send-off celebration the other night. It's an emotional time for them...a bittersweet intersection of love and loss, joy and sorrow. I know I'll be smiling through my own tears so I cannot even begin to fathom how they feel, yet I know that both Moms will be there with bells on. A. confessed that she was lacking in the something borrowed department. My Mom took a diamond from her Great Grandma's and her Mother's rings and had the two stones set with a sapphire. She gave it to me to borrow on the eve of my wedding. Then she gave it to me after the wedding. I told the bride-to-be that I'd be honored if she wanted to wear it on her wedding day.


Today Miss Bit will enjoy a field trip to the zoo. She's disappointed that I'm not chaperoning, but she's understanding that there's a lot on my plate right now. Last week my hubby accompanied T. Bone on a field trip, and I think they could have gone to the dump and my boy would still have been happy just to have his Dad along for the ride. Makes me think that my brother would probably be happy to get married on the local, edelwiess infested beach if it meant my Mom would be there. Yet we are all excited to get on island.

No comments: