Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Talk

Neither T. Bone nor Miss Bit are eager to leave the comfort of their beds this morning. It's a rainy, gray, windy day so I get it. The heat was on this morning for the first time in I cannot even remember how long. On the other hand, I'm feeling energized by the gloom and not because it's congruous with my mood. Today my disposition is actually sunny. It's just that I have a long to do list to tackle before we become islanders very soon. Coordinating attire and packing for four people is a time consuming task.

This nasty weather just may spare us from a ball game tonight too - 1 of 6 in 7 days so the rain out would be a welcome reprieve. Miss Bit had her first game E-V-E-R last night. The Sharks, it turns out, are pretty good hitters. Miss Bit got hits each of the 3 or 4 times she was up at bat and ran around the bases in the right direction and in the right order all the way home. Fielding is another story. If the kids are paying attention and not digging in the dirt, singing and dancing or daydreaming about a game on another field, there still is no guarantee that they'll get the ball that is rolling right to them. If the cosmos align and the ball ends up in their gloves by way of divine intervention, they treat it like a hot potato and fire it away all awry and willy nilly. Let's just say that everyone gets a hit, everyone gets a run and everyone wins. At the end of the game, Miss Bit had a big smile on her face as she asked if they won, but she was just as happy to hear that the game was a tie as she sat on the bench flanked by two of her besties.

Today is a pivotal day for my hubby. He hands in his last paper, and officially completes the road to his MBA. He made it look easy although I know for a fact that it wasn't. Especially difficult was the neverending effort to balance work, family and school, but he did an awesome job and I am beyond proud. He left the house in a tie this morning...more to come on that, but again I'm filled with pride.

The kids are still not stirring so I have to go back up and coax them out of bed, and make mine so I don't give into the urge to crawl back in.

No comments: