Friday, May 7, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give Thanks for...

Neighbors. Our neighbor replaced the oversized kitchen storm that came crashing down free of charge (she works for a glass company). It's the first casualty thanks to a wild ball.

The boys went to T. Bone's baseball game last night.


While the girls stayed in for a night at the spa.


Peace, love and polka dots!


My watchcats.




Breakfast al fresco. How mentally and physically empowering an hour of kickboxing is.

My Mom...my rock who I know will be with me on Sunday.Five year old fashionistas!





Unsent letters. Free therapy.

My hubby is 1 paper away from his MBA! 6 pages to go!

Time with T. Bone going through his school memorabilia in search of a family tree he made. We both enjoyed a quick trip down memory lane.

T. Bone made his own sandwich and packed his lunch this week. It's time to encourage him to be more independent. He's ready even if I'm not!

The fort fight has been forgotten and there is relative peace amongst the neighborhood boys.

Lilacs abloom.

Thick skins. I've never been one to be dull and inpenetrable, but numbness and protection have their merits.

Frick and Frack. Peanut gives new meaning to scaredy cat. He stares down a racoon on his patio without a hiss, but hides beneath the couch when the doorbell rings. Tigger on the other hand thinks he's a dog. He growls at the repairman, then he sniffs him, and then he supervises what he's doing.

Sharing a Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds with Miss Bit...her first.

Lately when T. Bone sees me with my camera he asks, "What are you taking a picture for your blog or something?"

A new little Liberty of London bag just for little old me and the perfect necklace for my dress (so what if it was almost as much $$$ as my dress!) Now if I could only justify the matching bracelet, which is more $$$ than my shoes.

The 30 Somethingesque feel of Parenthood, which I recently discovered and have been enjoying.

T. Bone and Miss Bit have their last Sunday school class this week until programs resume in fall.

The idea that there is a story in everyday. We just have to find it. I do.

No comments: