Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Weekending

It was a good week, but I was still ready for the weekend. I guess that's almost always the case.  I was looking forward to Saturday night dinner with friends and was happy with a spontaneous happy hour visit from my brother and sil on Friday. They came with hot pizzas from one of our old favorites for the cold night and it was good to indulge, imbibe and catch up.

Pete and Sue came for old school homemades (remember Silver Lining Playbook?) and soup Saturday night. I had to make pigs in blanket after realizing we got through the entire 2020 holiday line-up with out a single crescent wrapped lil smokie. I also served Ina's roasted shrimp (so good) and I made a carmelized French onion dip for chips. Old school. Mike made his Chicken Fajita Soup and it had just the right amount of kick. Assorted bundtinis were for dessert. I was grateful I squeezed in my work-out late afternoon. I thought we'd play games. Last Easter we hooked them on Wizard. But we had too much talking to do and so other than a few games of crib for the guys, that didn't happen. Next time. Game nights hold almost as special a place in my heart as dinner parties.

As the weekend went on, it got even colder so I stayed in on Sunday. No surprise. I finally uploaded all my pictures from the past few months. It's a project I've been putting off and it's such a relief to cross it off. I putzed and puttered and then I got to work making our Super Bowl spread: sliders two ways. One for each team so not a spread per se, but definitely yummy. We all preferred the Buffalo Chicken Sliders to the burgers. The game was a dud. Mike fell asleep in the third quarter. I paused the game, cleaned the kitchen and then fast forwarded to the commercials. As commercials go, they were good. Better than last year. It's the only time I'll watch commercials all year. I ended up staying up way past my bedtime folding laundry and watching Fatal Attraction. Even though I know the ending, I was glued. I love love a good thriller. I love weekends.


 

No comments: