Friday, February 5, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Yesterday's snow afternoon. I left work early after hearing that the roads were getting dicey. I made it home safely, put my pjs on stat and got comfy with an afghan for the rest of the day. It was a treat to curl up on the couch to watch tv and the snow fly.



 A new rug for the living room. In the last couple years, I had one that was too small and one that was too cool. The space needs warmer tones. Then I tried to cheap out on a synthetic number. That didn't even last a day. I finally found the perfect wool beaut and I'm loving this room more than ever.
 

The rug that was in the living room will work perfectly in the family room. The colors are spot on for the new furniture. Now we just have to remove the old carpet before its delivered.


 It's not even spring yet, but I'm feeling that seasonal urge to spruce and tend.

A week of kitchen inspiration. We enjoyed soups, stews and stir fries. Comfort food.





Commitment to working out this week. I'm on target to make my goal.

My reward is a new pair of walking shoes. They arrive tomorrow.

Plans with Pete and Sue tomorrow. We haven't seen them since NYE so we have much to catch up on. I  ordered a case of wine last week so Sue and I are set.

Just right little gifts for my valentines.

More silence in my life. 

 

Hamilton is coming to our performing arts center in October. Of all the things I've missed during this pandemic, theatre is at the top of the list. I want to take Lils. Tix would make a fine birthday gift for our August girl.

Oldies.

 

Lil's is adjusting to being back to school after almost a year of virtual learning.


 


No comments: