Friday, February 12, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Random acts of kindness. They're selfish really because as much joy as recipients feel from getting them, I get greater joy in gifting them. Yesterday I received a phone call from the birthday girl I sent a dozen bundtinis too in celebration of her 80th bday (so I guess that's not random, but I bet she wasn't expecting me to know it was her birthday or to send a treat). Then I received a midday text from my daughter and a picture of her with her after school coffee. I emailed her a Starbucks gift card in the morning just because she has had a busy, intense week.

My latest read taking hold of me to the point I kept saying one more chapter until past my bedtime to finish it. It's an old story (2009) and also a familiar one: disintegrating marriage. Gillies is, or rather was, an actress not a writer, and maybe that was what I liked about her. I felt like a girlfriend listening to her story. It made me think about memoir, which is my go to genre, because I kept feeling like I wanted to hear her husband's (DeSalles Harrison) side of the story. The other woman's (Laura Baudot) too. I mean he couldn't have been as much of an asshole as she portrayed him, or else she would have been the one looking elsewhere for love. And Baudot cannot be the icy bitch we read about because why would she befriend such a person?  Memoir takes prisoners. We only hear one version of the life they all lived. This one is not at all flattering for Harrison or Baudot.

And then two other books I'm really looking forward to in my stack.


 Inspiration to start book club again soon.

Green juice in a happy glass every day this week. The happy glass is essential...kind of like having the right mug for your coffee. The mug that fits your mood.


 Lils is training for spring soft ball. The thought that we might actually have a season is so exciting!

Quitting at the right time.

Cardinals in the trees and February snow. Two more inches last night and more in the forecast over this chilly weekend.

Tickets for Church Sunday. Hoping to go out for Valentine's Day breakfast after.

I got Teddy's Valentine box off in time.

The perfect birthday gift idea for my step-mom.

This pizza. It was delicious. Mike even thought so and he despises onions. Lily added extra, and I added olives. Got this at Costco.

There were 3 houses for sale on our block. They all sold in days.

I'm off to a good start Q1 at work.

A long weekend. I'm off Monday. I have an early morning mammogram and then I plan to do something fun with Lily.


No comments: