Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Snow Day

 

It's a good thing work was called off today. I'd be home either way. I came home yesterday feeling horribly punky and spent the night on the couch unable to get warm while feeling achy and feverish. The slight cough I developed the night before returned. The ridiculousness that is The Bachelor kept my mind off my ailments temporarily. Then I went to bed with Wave and I finally felt warm and completely distracted for the first time all night. I finished my book. What a lovely life Sonal had and lost. I simply cannot fathom how she is still living. Neither can she.

I know what you're thinking. I went there too, but it's feeling more like the standard respiratory infection today. I took two generous swigs of Nyquil last night and slept 12 hours so I'm feeling groggy more than anything this morning. And grateful. I love a snowy shut in day.

I stopped at the grocery in anticipation of this storm and one of the things I'm going to do today is make some meals for Teddy to send with his buddy who's going up this weekend. I may also make more tarts to share and a quiche for later this week. I love being in the kitchen on cold, snowy days. I have big windows that look out on my backyard so I can admire the accumulation.

I also plan to start the next book in my queue. It's called The Girl Who Smiled Beads. It's another memoir. From what I can tell, another tough to read memoir. Those are my favorite because survivors are the best teachers. I learn so much about living from the courage they have to muster to tell their stories.

On an aside, I just want to say I think it's ridiculous that Lily had to drive to school this morning. With the online capabilities they are all now familiar with, I don't understand the logic of making them come to school in a raging snowstorm. This world is upside down.  Cold and beautiful too.

No comments: