Thursday, December 31, 2020

December 31, 2020

 

I woke up this morning to the sound of a skein of geese flying south. South as in the river not Florida, but it still struck me that here we are in the beginning of winter at the end of another year. Last day ennui has set in. I feel quiet as I replay what's been and prepare for what will be. The hush is nothing new. Every year on this day I feel the weight of the ending and beginning.

I started Greenlights yesterday. It was my turn. The fact that this book came to me right now is what I call a universe moment. It's when you get exactly what you need exactly when you need it. When you are ready and open to receive it. It's akin to being in the right place at the right time both literally and figuratively. See Matthew McConauhey's book is described more as manifesto than memoir and in it he talks about how to live life with more understanding and with greater satisfaction. I can get on board with that.

Many years I try to come up with a word to live by. Frankly there are many words I feel calling to me this year and so I'm just going to to stick with open. I'm open to all of it: joy, peace, forgiveness, fun, growth, hope, faith, gratitude, challenge, lessons, blessings, grief, grace, stories, signs, laughs, tears, hugs and high fives.

Happy New Year friends!

No comments: