Saturday, December 19, 2020

Grateful Friday

 Today I give thanks for...

Plans to bake the day away tomorrow. Lily agreed to help. We'll make about eight more varieties and probably about 24 dozen. This is the latest I've waited to bake. So late that I thought maybe I'd skip it this year, but I also knew it was only a matter of time because my neighbors, my co-workers and my kids expect them. I've said no to cutouts this year. That feels like a bit of a relief.

I made a triple batch of Irish cream tonight. It's bottled and ready to be gifted.

The kids are officially on break. They both seem lighter. Mike too until 2021. I get my bedroom and my dining room back! I'll enjoy lots of freedom and flexibility until the new year and a few days off here and there.

Between now and the end of the year, each of us at Casa Wags gets to pick a night to plan dinner and a family activity. I'm up Sunday.

This idea was inspired when my husband made us Brick Chicken the other night and cleaned up all the dishes after. And he used a lot of dishes! It was yummy, but he's going to keep looking for that company worthy version.

After watching The Queen's Gambit, Teddy's been borderline obsessed with chess. He and Mike have been having games after dinner at night.

Mike and I started The Outsider last night. I'd never heard of it. Not sure how as I love Jason Bateman and I love thrillers.

Permission. I have been staying up late and sleeping in. Not eating as many veggies as I should or drinking my celery juice. I'm not drinking enough water or getting enough exercise. I'm watching too much Netflix and I'm not reading. And I'm letting it be until January 2nd when I'm in for a very rude awakening.

Nanny's broiler burgers. They were a treat when I was growing up. My boys love them too. It's what's for dinner tonight.

Plan's to watch the Packer game at the Weslow's tomorrow. I don't much care about football these days, but I love getting out, hanging out in their cozy family room and being with friends. I'll unload some cookies, a bottle of Irish cream and a stunning candle I know Sue will love. I think we'll start planning New Years Eve.

All my Christmas gifts are purchased and most are delivered. None are wrapped.

The kids still have shopping to do, but they can go together all by themselves and I can sit by the tree and read. Or wrap.

The kids helped me put together a Spotify playlist with their music I love, and no I don't love all their music. I do appreciate Drake, Khalid, and Post Malone though.

Duets. Lils and I were listening to Hamilton in the car yesterday and we kinda got into The Schuyler Sisters. Sometimes all you need is to sing loud and proud in the car with your best girl. We miss musicals and were both cursing Corona because we would have been getting excited to go to Hamilton this spring. My second time, her first.

A new lap top. Of course, I'm using my old one. The new one is next to me. I am not a change master. At least I'm self-aware. 




No comments: