Sunday, January 3, 2021

Weekending

It has been a leisurely lazy weekend. I haven't left the house since we Ubered home very early on New Year's Day and I have been rocking my pjs around the clock. I'm unapologetic for my sloth. My post holiday blues and the weather conspired to make it inevitable. It snowed all day on the first...that wet heavy snow that clings to bare branches. I had my first cocoa bomb in lieu of coffee and it was so rich and naughty and I'm grateful there's only one left. Mike and I cozied in for our first and then second Christmas movies of the season. We watched Four Christmases again and then put in Love, Actually. Mike baked a spiral ham. We had sammies for dinner. We may have watched two more movies before bed that night before which I changed out of one set of pjs and into another. Don't be jealous.

I was up reasonably early Saturday. Straight away I got started on tidying and organizing the house. I have not yet put away Christmas. Before I knew it, it was 3 o'clock and I was still in my pjs when my brother and sil stopped by for a hello. We finished the entire bowl of Chex Mix Mike had just made. I was thinking about ordering Chinese for dinner, but Ted came home from broom ball and he's our resident health coach. We had chicken, wild rice and asparagus instead and all felt better for it. Tomorrow is the day we hit reset. No more egg nog, or fairy food or weekday wine. All of the cookies are gone. We made the last delivery yesterday. There's one slice of French silk and a chocolate mousse that won't last the day. Mike and I watched two movies last night. At the end of the night, Lils and I retired to the living room to read beside the tree. When Ted arrived home, he joined us. It was a favorite moment of the whole weekend: the three of us sprawled out on couches books in hand. Btw I liked Matthew McConaughey a lot more before I started his book, and I'm thinking he should stick to acting.

Today I must leave the house and I'm not happy about it. The hygge spell must be broken. All good things must come to an end. Tomorrow it's back to work and school for most of us. Ted is heading to Windmill Beach for the week with his boys to run on the shore and make music. We'll be here working hard, eating healthy, exercising daily because this is January. 




 

No comments: