Friday, July 20, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The 30 seconds I had to talk to my husband this morning before he left for a golf invitational. He came home late last night and tonight he'll likely be in bed long after I'm asleep. I don't like when he slips away while I'm asleep.

That I was then able to make Teddy a warm and balanced breakfast. It's also the invitational for the club he caddies for so he'll too have a long day.

Then I squeezed in a fast walk. The rain held for my few miles despite the fact that the air was heavy and the clouds foreboding. I know that starting my day on the trails sweating sets me up for success. There's something about the birdsong, fresh air and endorphins.



The rain came just as I turned into my driveway. I felt lucky because it quickly became a deluge.

A new Audible book. I started Andrew McCarthy's The Longest Way Home this morning. I can already tell it's going to be a good walking companion.

Cold showers. I needed one for a quick cool down. I had only 45 minutes before an appoint.

An appointment for a mani/pedi at the spa. That's a splurge. Nail treatments are always a treat, but at the spa it's extra and I enjoy it more.

Bold, blue nails and soft heels.

A date to see Tayari Jones tonight. She's reading from An American Marriage at a local book store.

Local book stores and that we have a lone survivor in this Amazon era. A thriving survivor at that.

It was a good day.

It was a good week. A Steady Eddie of a string of days filled with good things like two new tomatoes from the vine, an evening trail walk with my guy that turned into a run because the mosquitoes were thirsty, slow mornings with my book and my coffee, a beautiful night for a softball game sitting beside the grandparents cheering on our #6 first base woman who also played great D on third, a beautiful steak on a Tuesday night just because and the delicious simplicity of a wedge salad, a happy hour send off with a friend the night before she left for Paris, and burrito bowls with another the following after which we had a hair styling session.




No comments: