Friday, July 13, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Girls in uniform.


Beautiful bunts.


A late afternoon walk with a friend on a hot afternoon followed by a cold bottle of chardonnay.

When you realize that sometimes it's better to just watch day turn to night than try to capture it.


Brotherly bonds.


Fireworks that look like constellations in the twilight sky.


Making it to the strawberry stand before closing to stock up on several pints of these fresh-picked beauts. I bought cream to make homemade strawberry ice-cream. Silly me...I should have known that they wouldn't last that long.


While some of us are excited for the things that come in the boxes (golf shoes and boat shoes), the rest of us just love the cardboard.





A trip to the library this week. After checking me out, the librarian wished me luck. This is an ambitious stack for 3 weeks even for me, yet what can I say...I feel rich...blessed...blissed.


I also stopped by the farmer's market. I didn't have much time. I was on a mission to find strawberries. I failed. I did come home with the prettiest green beans though and a reminder to myself to refrain from buying produce at the grocery until further notice.

This is the first tomato from our plant. It will become a BLT soon.


$5 bunches of glads and this sassy ginger.


Lunch still life. Fresh fruit salad and iced tea are perfect on a hot day. I finished this little memoir. I liked it. It feel honest to me.


Watching softball instead of television most nights. Although we did tune in to Sharper Things this week. I read the book and I love Amy Adams. I love watching #6 score more though.


My in-laws who are super fans (and people).


Tigger Leo & Peanut Quincy.


Golf girl. 


No comments: