Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day


This is the very first picture of me with both my babies. Proud big brother is meeting hours old baby sister for the first time and I am one happy mama. That smile says, "If this is a dream, don't wake me."

I still feel that way at least 10 times a day. The love I have for my children is a living, breathing stream that flows through me continuously. The abundant joy they bring me is how I know that I'm doing a fine job. 

There are times I get on my case about doing more and better, but then I look at them...what beautiful people they are...and I know that even though I'm flawed, I've passed on the parts of me I'm most proud of.

The words they wrote to and about me in the cards they made me today...well, they tell me that they see the best parts of me and that is the only gift I'll ever want or need.

Some mothers wait their whole lives to hear the things they told me, but I'm grateful I don't have to. I'm also grateful that I told my mom the things I needed to when I did. You never know when it's simply going to be too late.

I had a good day. Mostly happy, but a little sad. Bittersweet. It's the way I'm wired and it's my legacy too. My history. My story.

No comments: