Friday, May 18, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

This book is finally taking hold. It has not been easy to get into and I must get out of it by June 1st. I think I can I think I can I think I can.


PMA.

Lily's idea of happy hour. Mine too. We share a love of Kopps' Mint Chip custard. We did not share a spoon.


I think there's still some left.

We attended our last choir concert of middle school and probably forever. In fifth grade, the risers were full. Four years later, it's this small group of diehards that remains. I'm grateful that she remained committed to the magic that is making music.


Self-expression.

Another impressive week of golf for this guy. Here he is at Whistling Straits...The Irish Course. He shot a 44 on the front nine and then a 36 on the back nine. That 80 earned him fifth place and his team second. Mike took the day off to walk the course with him, and I think he had more fun than Teddy.





Passion.

Fields of gold. I've had a few great morning walks this week. I'm especially fond of the river trails where it's peaceful and pretty.





Roads less traveled.

Barbari bread. 



Trying, and mastering, new things.

My writing companion.


Simple salads. The basil is from the plant on my counter.


This decades old picture of me. My memory of this place is still fresh.


No comments: