Friday, May 25, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The end of a busy week with a long weekend ahead. There's been something every night and that gets to be a little much for the introvert I am. 

I took the day off Wednesday to walk the course with Mike. Ted was playing in regionals. He took 7th and his team advanced to sectionals. He shot a 79 so it wasn't his best day, and yet he played consistently. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed watching him in his element. He's such a guy. 


The birds. Last night a pair of hummingbirds flew by the kitchen windows in route for my strepto carpella and Lily's bleeding heart. I stopped what I was doing and stood still watching them. They make me think of my mom. I had a moment with her. On the golf course the other day, a sweet bluebird was following us along the fairway to the green. My mom sends the bluebirds. Teddy scored a birdie on that hole. I thanked her.


Lily played her last softball game of middle school yesterday. It was a tie against my alma mater. Today she's in Chicago for an impromptu field trip with her art teacher. She's so excited to be in the big city. She's comfortable on familiar fields and on strange streets.

Teddy was inducted into The National Business Honor Society this week.


He was accepted in NHS also, but was not able to attend the ceremony. He was up and out early this morning for their first meeting though.

Last week he made a difficult decision and the way he handled it proves that he is maturing. He's not going to play baseball this year. He's been playing baseball since he was 5. Sigh. He's going to focus on golf. Next year baseball will be a spring sport so he'll have to choose, and he's choosing now. Partially because the baseball coach is not understanding of the kids who need to finish out their spring sports. He rides them and cuts them no slack. Teddy went to talk with him before a scrimmage last Saturday to tell him face to face of his decision. It was Mike's idea, but Ted saw the merit in his advice and he took it. Of course, the coach didn't take his resignation. All of the sudden, he was willing to play nice and work with him as he finishes out his season with a potential state tournament run. I don't know what Ted will decide. Part of me hopes he'll join the team because he's a natural on that field as well, and I love watching him, but the bottom line is that it'll be his measured decision. 

Lily the Soc. Dressed up for an Outsiders debate.


My animal lover. She had a cat sitting job this week. We had a cat sitting job this week. I have to drive her and do the litter, but she does all the rest. We stay until they are played out and cuddled up.


Logging miles. Clearing my head. Opening my heart.


No comments: