Friday, May 11, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Meeting a good friend for happy hour last night and staying until long after dark catching up on our lives, and the fact that we could have closed the place and not run out of things to talk about.

As I'm writing this Peanut is curled up at the foot of Lily's bed. Tigger's in my bed, but the other night when I went to turn off a sleeping Teddy's light and computer, he was curled up next to Ted. This is not usual. The cats love the kids, but they don't often venture into their rooms for long. This sort of tickles Lily.


I just texted this picture to her at school.

Lily presented her graduation speech to me and I was impressed by her delivery and her message. She compared middle school to a game and her classmates to teammates. Her message was that this game is over, but there are new games and challenges in the purview. She urges her classmates to get up off the sidelines, make new teams and strive to win. She's a brave, kind, wise one that girl of mine.

Lily on the mound. I love cheering on team pony tail. It was not a win, but a close, competitive game.


 Nice form.

Strike!

Both Ted's AP exams went well. Chemistry is known to be nearly impossible, but he thinks he passed. Psychology was also challenging, but less so. Junior year is winding down. High school is winding down.

Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken. It's a one pan dinner with so many flavors.




This Carbonara Pie cooks in a single spring-form pan, but I had to use three pans to make it. It was a fun experiment, but I think I'll just stick with traditional carbonara when we have the taste for Parmesan and pancetta.


 That salad dressing is our family favorite: Dijon, balsamic, EVOO and S&P all to taste. Minced garlic if you like.

A little crunchy and dry. The kids didn't love the broccoli incorporated within.

Churros cake, and the fact that when Teddy's friend heard I made one, he suggested he might like a slice. I sent him home with 2 huge pieces. Compliment my cooking and it's yours.

It makes up in taste for what it lacks in appearance. It's almost gone too.

I found saffron at Costco this week. Reading Lolita in Tehran inspired me to read Lolita and also to learn more about Iranian cooking, which inspired me to buy some saffron. Reading Lolita in Tehran is our June book club selection. I'm hosting and I'm planning to serve a Persian dinner. This weekend I'm going to try my hand at Barbari and Lavash breads.


Oh, the things this will inspire!

I finally finished listening to The Woman in the Window. I'm sorry I cannot give it more than a 2. It was not very well written or compelling. It was predictable and far too long for the climax. I started The Great Alone this week. This I'm going to devour.


I picked up the cutest pair of pants the other day. A Mother's Day gift to myself and I think I'll wear them on Mother's Day. A cute new pair of cheaters too. They are black frames with bamboo arms, and I think they look good with my blond hair.


They look good on Lily too.

The way he let's her hold him like a baby.


Their love is special.


Kitty paws.

Cuteness overload!

A really great day in Madison with my guys. It was emotional too on many levels and for many reasons, but suffice it to say that I am grateful for them all.

If this hill could talk.

Sunsets.

Endings and beginnings.



No comments: