Monday, April 2, 2018

On My Mind Monday



Home isn't a place where everything stays the same; it's a place where you are safe and loved despite nothing staying the same.

As Bright as Heaven
~ Susan Meissner

I can't recall who recommended this book, but I'm sure glad she did. Historical fiction is not usually my jam because I find it to be overly sentimental, but I really enjoyed this book. I instantly liked and cared about the characters in this story. I appreciated the shortish chapters narrated by the Bright women who were smart and fierce and loyal. Shorter chapters make me read faster. I never put a book aside mid-chapter. If the chapter is manageable, I'm more likely to start another and another and another as in just one more. That's how I sadly found myself at the end of this story after three short days.



No comments: