Friday, April 20, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lily didn't get my short gene. She measured in at 5' 5'' this week at her annual check up. I usually call her "cutie," but I just may start calling her "legs."


My new scarf. It's just the perfect weight. Every time I wear it, I get lots of compliments. Peanut will get even more I'm sure. The attention made me wonder if people think it's Burberry and that's what they comment on it. It's not. I got it at TJ Maxx.


It snowed Monday night. It was the most beautiful snowfall of the season. The kind that clings to branches and makes the trees appear star studded in the moonlight.


Their spots.



The way Peanut Quincy sees Lily off in the morning and then greets her when she returns. She's his person and it's just the sweetest bond ever.


Showy scenes from the road. Taken at a stop light, of course.


Happiness in a vase and the thoughtfulness of my husband for surprising me with this pretty, sunny bouquet.


He bought them for me because I did something scary this week. More on that later.

Growth and change and forward movement.

Another go around with Detriot-style pizza. We tweaked them a little. Mike had to fiddle with the dough and we decided to do one with sausage. We mostly used brick cheese, but also some mozzarella. I thought they were perfect. I think our guests enjoyed them too. The thing about this pizza is that it's best hot outta the oven. Part of the deliciousness is the crunchy outer crust and when it's reheated, it becomes a bit doughier. 


We've done good.


He done good too. 


I scrolled through all the pictures taken at the prom looking for one of T. Bone and his date. I only found this one of T. Bone and his golf team. I give you Nicolet HS Varsity Golf Team 2018. I sort of love this picture.


Lily done good too. We received an email from her science teacher this week just to tell us how much she loves having Lily in class. She went on about how she is a leader in class, inclusive and friendly to all her classmates, positive and hard working. My heart  swelled with pride. She too felt validated and appreciated.

Teddy will be inducted into the National Honor Society next month and he made the dean's list again. He's been on the dean's list every semester of his high school career.

No comments: