Friday, April 13, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

An almost new normal. I'm on week two of my new schedule and it's got me thinking. Thinking that more structure is a good thing for me. I still have some flexibility during the day, which is nice, but I feel like I've been using my free time more wisely.



I'm still squeezing in time for cat cuddles. As soon as I sit down, Peanut makes a beeline for my lap and then he literally hugs me. It's just the sweetest!



And this Superman sleeps solo, but he's just as sweet.



A sweet conversation I had with Teddy this week in route from the doctor. We were reminiscing about his long ago love for Barney and Caillou and Little Bear. As annoying as I found those characters at the time, I sort of love them now. And yes, I still have the costume.



I felt connected to my mom this week. I felt connected to my mom this week when I watched a Lifetime movie. I don't know that I've done that since her passing. She loved her Lifetime. It was second only to Law & Order.


Permission

Teddy made varsity golf. Teddy is playing #2 on varsity golf. He played #4  last year as a sophomore so we weren't really worried. He tyed for #1. They shot 85s in very windy conditions. He took 9th overall and medalled.


Prom this weekend and HE HAS A DATE! These guys all just attend these things in packs so I'm so happy that he has his first official date (as far as I know.)


American Idol. I'm into this season. I can't tell you the last time I watched this show, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. I sort of love Lionel Richie. He is kind and supportive and he so reminds me of my mom because she was a big fan. I'm also a big fan of Luke Bryan, but I could do without Katie Perry. Two out of three ain't bad.


DWTS announced the cast for the next season this morning. I was not feeling the all athlete cast until I saw it included Tonya Harding and Kareem. Her character and his height should prove entertaining.


Two simple, but delish Smitten Kitchen recipes this week. I made Melting Potatoes. I have no idea how potatoes, butter, S&P, garlic and chicken stock can taste so divine, but believe me when I tell you they do. I think it's the 500 degree oven, which crisps up the outsides and leaves the insides soft and pillowy. It's a similar concept as the Salted Peanut Butter Cookies. Four basic ingredients yielding perfection. No flour. No butter.


And last night we made our first Detroit-style pizza and we were all in pizza heaven. It reminded us of Rocky's. There were no leftovers. We're tweaking it again this weekend. I only got one slice, and truthfully that was enough, but I want more. I even stopped at the Italian deli to get the authentic pepperoni sticks. Yum!



Old journals. Sometimes they're cringe worthy. Sometimes they're hilarious. I was reading one this week that spanned the summer before college through the end of sophomore year with lots of gaps. I was an emotional being during that stretch of time. I sort of wanted to go back and give that girl a hug. I wanted to tell her that everything was going to be okay. Better than okay.


Today's a rainy day. I love those, and I really want to wear my new favorite cozy Loft sweater that I couldn't resist. But we had a couple beautiful days mid-week that prompted me to get out for long walks before work and that was lovely too. Then I put on my pink shoes one day and had a spring in my step all day long.




Lily's bottom braces are on as of yesterday. I'm grateful for this because the sooner they're on the sooner they'll come off.



The beautiful pearl earrings I received as a gift from my friend, Candace just because. They're beautiful just like her generous and thoughtful spirit.


My Dad called me last night. It was not exactly the conversation I was hoping for, but it's more important for me to have peace and happiness than validation. This won't be the first or last time I turn the other cheek with family members. In fact, it happen quite often.


Movie night tonight.


No comments: