Friday, October 4, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Finishing The Light Between Oceans.  I give it a 4 out of 5.  I haven't been able to do that for awhile.  It was slow to start, but worth the effort.  And this passage:

Families gather, safe and whole, at the end of another day.  And darkness seeps into the sky second by second, until the shadows no longer fall but rise from the ground and fill the air completely.  Humans withdraw to their homes, and surrender the night to the creatures that own it: the crickets, the owls, the snakes.  A world that hasn’t changed for hundred of thousands of years wakes up, and carries on as if the daylight and the humans and the changes to the landscape have been an illusion.

I had a Thursday night date with T. Bone.  We went shopping and out for dinner.  He doesn't like clothes shopping, but he was a trooper and we got the job done.  Holding out on the Rocky's pizza was definite incentive as was the promise of new running shoes.

Chocolate Factory subs.  They are right next to Rocky's and my favorite.

It has been another beautiful week weather wise.  We're still wearing shorts and flip flops, and sleeping with windows open.

Pumpkins.  and the 1001  things Pinterest suggest you do with them.  Miss Bit and her Aunt C. Halloweenified the first pumpkin of the season.  There will be more.

Super magnets.

New winter hats.  We stocked up since one of our favorite stores is having a moving sale.  $34 hats for $9! Which reminds me I need to go back!

A birthday lunch with my friend on Monday even if the pesto grilled cheese stayed with me until Wednesday.  It was greasy!

Miss Bit is still so excited for swimming every night even though she's pretty sure she doesn't want to compete in a meet.  It looks like she might get her wish since play practice and swim meets so far have been on the same day.

Handmaid cards.  Miss Bit and I had fun getting our craft on this week.  It's a great way to personalize messages, give some love and save some money.  Cards are a total racket now!

My new computer is back from the PC doctor.  Don't even say the word Minecraft in my presence please.

Miss Bit thinks she wants to be an angel for Halloween.  She won't even need a costume!  Seriously though, I'm a tad verklempt that she has chosen this option.  She was an angel for her very first Halloween at Nanny's subtle suggestion.

A new black dress.  Slightly sassy, but also classy.

Plans for dinner out tomorrow with my bro and sil at a new to me restaurant.

An anniversary idea for Coach.  We celebrate 18 years on the 21st!  Sorry love, it's not Spain or Ireland, but I think you'll approve.