Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snowed In

I couldn't be happier. It's snowing and our world is once again wonderful white. I know I'm in the minority and that most of my neighbors are probably cursing or dreaming of warmer weather that is not likely here yet for some time. Snowy Sundays say slow down...just be...and I'm good with that.

Miss Bit is curled up on the couch with Peanut watching a movie. They missed each other. She's got krazy kaleidoscope eyes. Too much fun and too little sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's. It came as no surprise that one night turned into two, and T. Bone was even hinting that he'd like to go back next weekend. Hmmm...homemade pizzas one night and dinner at his favorite wing place the next and bowling and a movie date and building jumps for his snow board...of course he does.

I enjoyed plenty of quality time alone with my man whilst the littles were being spoiled sweet. We went out for dinner and a movie. It is not known to us exactly what happened in Unknown. We both fell asleep. Yea it wasn't too titillating and it started at 9:50, which is darn close to our bedtime most nights. Yesterday was a lazy day, although we didn't really get to sleep in as if I even could anymore. The first of T. Bone's friends called at 8:59 a.m. looking for him. Hubby made delicious veggie omelettes for brunch and we enjoyed a walk. I made fondant for the first time and tried new royal icing and sugar cookie recipes in preparation for T. Bone's birthday party treats for next weekend. It's official: I am baked out, and that rarely happens. Last night we made our favorite chicken Marsala served with a side of roasted asparagus, listened to loud music and played Scrabble. Hubby won, but it was very close and now I'm waiting for my boys to get home from T. Bone's basketball game so I can challenge him to a rematch. After I win, I'm going to chop everything up for tonight's dinner, spicy Szechuan noodles, and hubby will play wok man. I'm soaking up all of the goodness of these days.

No comments: