Friday, February 4, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Last Sunday's sermon. Father T. spoke of blessings...ordinary, everyday blessings and how every little thing is a blessing if we choose for it to be. It's right where I'm at so yes, I found the timing rather prodigious.

T. Bone's class talked about grace during Sunday school. When I asked him to explain grace to me, he did so rather poignantly..."beautiful love."

Miss Bit came to get me the other night after I tucked her in because she was missing her Nanny. She just about broke this mama's heart when she said, "I almost can't hear what she sounds like anymore Mom." I promised her that we'll watch some family movies this week. To think that one of my Mom's biggest fears in facing her death was that her four year old granddaughter was too young to remember her.

Father T. also talked about being blessings to people in our lives this week. One way he suggested that we spread the divine was through random acts of kindness. It got me to thinking that there's really nothing at all random about beneficence or graciousness. Good will is anything but accidental.

Miss Bit was so inspired by the book of jokes T. Bone brought home from a birthday party last weekend that she's decided to do a little stand-up routine for her 2 minute solo performance for next week's acting class. Surely her Nanny has a hand in this.

Time to bake this week. Cookies for T. Bone's teacher, Valentine's cupcakes for the kiddos and malted milk ball krispie treats for the weekend.


One more football Sunday. Go Pack!

New bathing suits and matching flip flops in the middle of winter.


Miss Bit's Valentine's tree.


Homemade salad dressing...so fresh, so easy. A little good balsamic vinegar, some decent olive oil, a little fresh minced garlic, a dollop of Dijon, some salt and pepper to taste. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another bottle of dressing.
My sil for picking up my kids from school the other day in a pinch. she had to rush a customer out and close up the store for the day too!
McD's oatmeal. It's good, pretty healthy and cheap.
Williams Sonoma chocolate marshmallows. They make a cup of cocoa a very special treat.
Miss Bit and I have a dinner date tomorrow with some other mother/daughter friends of our's. The boys have plans to go out to BW3.
Snow days this week. The kids had 1...I took 2.
Good conferences for both kids. T. Bone wrote, "I should work on focusing harder when funny jokes happen," in his self-reflection. That was pretty much the only thing he needs to work on.
A massage tomorrow.
Our new spice: fresh ginger.
Our new grain...quinoa.
Negative numbers on the scale and positive numbers on the treadmill. I started running again this week.
Miss Bit had a playdate with a new friend this week. She was so excited that she had trouble sleeping the night before.

No comments: