Friday, February 25, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Jazz hands.
My girl wants to sign up for the next session of dance. She came home from class this week. plopped in her cd and danced up a sweat.

A boy, his cat and his guitar.


Bread made from fresh sprouted wheat.
I have yet to beat my hubby at Scrabble, but I'm not about to stop trying. Qat that!
My mixer survived my first, and maybe last, attempt at fondant. It's better tasting than store bought, but it has an unpleasant aftertaste and is tons and tons of work.
Amazing Race returns.
A weekend alone with my man.
Time to work on birthday books this week. I'm almost caught up. I spent some time the other night reading through Miss Bit's with her and she just loved hearing all the anecdotes, all the funny things she used to say. We both were reduced to tears when I read her what her Nanny wrote her on her second birthday. What a gift it is to have her own loving words in her own handwriting. It was like hearing her voice. She was in disbelief when we read what T. Bone wrote at her third birthday: "Miss Bit you are the best sister in the whole world." She questioned, "He really said that? I don't believe it!"
My boy's lexicon is growing. His new word...beast. It's the rad of my generation.
The fact that I'm uncertain as to whether my kids or their grandparents had more fun together last weekend.
The possum and the raccoon came together for dinner the other night.
My generous girl. She wanted to give me $20 from her piggy bank for my massage last week. Then she tried to give her Dad money for lunch and pay him for the mug of hot cocoa he made her too.
Being spoiled by another heavenly massage this week.
Williams Sonoma and a new pan in which to make much loved chocolate madeleines.
Dutch cocoa.
Pretty new mugs for my tea.
Games of Yahtzee with my girl this week.
Minestrone topped with fresh Parmesan.
A birthday weekend. Finally having T. Bone's 10th birthday celebration, my sil's and step-mom's too.
More snow in our weekend forecast.

No comments: